US startup – Engineering Team Lead – Remote from CZ/SK/PL
Last update: 12.01. 2023 15:39
Job Type: Full-time, Freelance,
Sector: Development & Engineering, Infrastructure, IT Project & Management,
Benefits: Option for Remote Work, Meal vouchers, Sick Days, Extra vacation, Flexible Schedule, Home Office Financial contribution, Multisport Card Contribution, Superior Medical Care, Partial Remote Work, 100% Remote Work, Czech language not required, Educational courses and trainings,
Hiring: Men and Women
A remote job is only possible in case the employee is located in the Czech Republic, Slovakia or Poland.
Are you interested in the world of startups and new technologies?
Our client is a well-funded tech startup from San Francisco. The main product is a technological platform for venues and event owners to take control of their ticketing experience, giving them the tools they need to keep their venues full and their fans happy. This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing global company with an exciting mission, great benefits and perks.
The Pay and Access team works on access control, ticketing and payment systems for event attendees onsite. This includes systems to scan people in and out of events, Point of Sale systems, and onsite Cashless tech for food and beverage sales, along with their software.
The team manages two native mobile applications and the backend powering the sync APIs and the data. The mobile apps currently use Kotlin (with a possible move to ReactNative shortly), as well as Xamarin. The backend is powered by .Net with the team managing the infrastructure on Azure.
The opportunity for this role is to build, lead and grow a team of talented engineers. As a Team Lead, you will:
- Manage and grow a team of engineers with diverse skills in mobile and web development.
- Work very closely with the Product and Engineering teams to own and deliver exciting, game-changing projects within an exciting, fast moving industry
- Work to design, develop and maintain high standards for software development (as this is still a ~60% hands-on role)
- Work with key stakeholders and the PM through the software development lifecycle to determine requirements
- Reasonably challenge business requirements, always focussing on what is the best solution for our end users and clients
- Lead on post delivery performance analytics and enhancement opportunities, ensuring products and services don’t degrade, but instead are consistently reviewed and improved.
- Need to plan for some travel to attend events world-wide and experience the products you have developed first hand. We believe this first-hand experience is crucial in creating great products.
- Also be responsible and available for supporting the performance of your products in well defined, pre-planned schedules.
You will achieve your best if:
- You have at least 1 year of experience leading and managing a team of engineers
- You have strong development skills across the .Net technology stack – C#, ASP.Net MVC
- You have a good knowledge of SQL and database design
- You’re proactive with a keen desire to take ownership of projects
- You’re collaborative with great communication and interpersonal skills
- You have experience working with highly scalable systems
- You have a good understanding of OO concepts and SOLID design principles
- You have experience working with automated regression testing as well as unit testing and TDD
- You have strong leadership skills
Why you’ll love it here:
- Full remote job from Czech republic/Slovakia/Poland or hybrid mode with an office in Prague 2 – I.P.Pavlova
- Stable competitive salary and long-term cooperation
- Excellent professional and career opportunities in the international team of talented and energetic people
- Flexible working hours (CET), no bureaucracy or formalism
- Work permit assistance
- Medical/Insurance: Canadian Medical Platinum Package – for employees and family members. Tifra – 24/7 Medical Concierge program
- Vacation: 5 weeks of paid vacation
- Paid Sick Leave w/ medical certificate – 100% compensation for 14 days
- Paid Sick Leave w/out medical certificate – 100% compensation for 6 days
- Home office budget
- Monthly Fitness benefit
- Public transport pass
- Concert Tickets
- Professional Classes
Region: Czech republic,
District: Praha hlavní město