Analyst – Math & Numerical Analysis
|Branch:||IT Consultations, analyses, Economics, finance and accounting, IT Consultations, IS/IT: Application and system development,|
Would you like to work on exclusive projects in the area of trading in energy commodities? Do you enjoy continuous self-development and learning? Do you have an advanced level of Excel and good analytical skills? Then we have an exciting job opportunity for You in one of the leading energy groups operating in many EU countries – Business/Quantitative Analyst.
This role is an ideal match for a person with strong mathematical background. This is a great chance to work on interesting and exclusive projects in a friendly international team of 5 people. If you are eager to apply your math/analytical skills and have a challenging and unordinary job, this position is perfect for you!
- Analysis of energy markets focusing on the energy, gas and oil industries and emissions trading in Europe
- Development of mathematical models for simulation of supply and demand, commodity prices, optimization of power plant operation, trading on energy exchanges, etc.
- Helping traders formulate, refine and backtest trading ideas and trading strategies
- Providing commercial/market information to the traders and management as necessary – including the ability to synthesize gathered information into clear and concise presentations
- Close cooperation within the whole group on various analytical tasks
- Degree or study in economics/mathematics/IT
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel
- Computer programming skills (e.g. Matlab, Java, VBA, R, etc.) as an advantage
- The ability and desire to work in fast-paced challenging environment
- A highly self-driven sense of motivation
- Be ready to work 1-2 weekends/month with compensatory days off during a week
- Work in a stable company with a strong position in the international market
- Opportunity to build experience and expertise in energy trading while working with and learning from some of the best individuals and teams in the business
- A friendly, young and informal team
- Motivating salary and performance management system
- Opportunity for continuing growth and development
- Flexible working hours, 5 weeks of holiday, language courses and attractive bonuses
+420 702 085 425