Scala Software Developer – BigData Team
|Obor:||IT vývoj, IT vývoj,|
|Lokalita:||Hlavní město Praha,|
Our Big Data team has the end to end responsibility for the Big data platform. They do not just work with data, the range of responsibilities is much wider. They install new Hadoop clusters for customers and subsequently take care of them – checking health statuses and updating them. They also develop new applications, take care of security and design/develop all the platform methodology, governance, etc.
That is all done using various tools and technologies. Administrators spend a lot of time with Cloudera Manager and in the command line. They make their life easier with Ansible scripts. Developers are mainly focused on writing code in Scala, Spark and Python, occasionally in SQL. Analysts are the ones who talk to businesses most. Anyway, each of them tries to be acknowledged for the whole Big Data environment.
The business partners for them are people from the headquarters of the one big banking company. Apart from them, they communicate a lot with both business and technical guys from these countries: India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Philippines, and Vietnam. Since we reside in different time zones, the team meetings are usually held in the mornings.
Our Big Data team is distributed between two locations. A minor part is sitting in Brno’s office, the rest of the team is in Prague, having regular calls and chats via messaging systems like Lync and MS Teams.
The team was established in 2017. Being among the newest teams brings about the benefit of using the latest technologies such as a wide range of libraries and tools.
- Participating in a full lifecycle of big data product: i.e. analyze, solution design, development, deployment, documentation creation incl. model and further support
- Participating also in many interesting initiatives, such as voice-to-text processing or face recognition
- Programming in Scala, Bash, Python and Spark jobs
- Daily communicating with different teams (not only Risk or Data scientist from the HQ, but also with the Asian countries using the platform)
- Using of Impala, Hive, Kafka, HBase, Zeppelin, Kerberos and many others
- To defining architecture patterns
- Providing user support incl. training and documentation maintenance.
- Knowledge of functional programming style (we use Scala)
- Familiarity with Java and JVM
- Understanding of NoSQL databases such as Hbase
- Experience with SQL
- Ability to drink about 4 coffees per day 🙂
- Easily negotiable home office
- Motivating yearly bonuses
- 5 weeks of paid vacation
- 2 sick days/year
- Meal allowances
- Contribution to the pension scheme
- Possible foreign business trips
- Notebook – usually Dell or Lenovo
- Up to two 24″ monitors
- Smartphone – iOS or Android
- Complimentary tea, subsidized coffee, free fruit on Mondays and Wednesdays
- Relax room & games room
- Technical training and certificates of your choice
- Attendance at local & foreign conferences
- Soft-skills and managerial training
- Possible internal growth
- Referral program bonuses
- Loyalty bonus
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION
Let´s send me your CV (in English) to my email (email@example.com) and I will contact you as soon as possible.
+420 731 442 031