Senior Analyst – US Company – Unlimited Budget
Last update: 24.10. 2022 06:09
Job Type: Full-time,
Sector: Development & Engineering, Data Science & Analytics,
Hiring: Men and Women
For our client, a US company and leader in SW verification focusing on the security and correctness of Ethereum smart contracts, we are looking for a Senior Data Analyst with coding skills.
They are the only company that provides automated prover technology to verify smart contracts with no false alarms, strong formal correctness guarantees, and full automation. Their customers are some of the top DeFi protocol innovators; they develop smart contracts which are small event-driven programs invoked by end-users to execute financial transactions. Bugs in smart contracts can be exploited by malicious users and can lead to losses at the scale of millions or even billions of USDs.
They are developing next-gen formal verification techniques to help top DeFis gain confidence in their contracts.
We are looking for a senior data analyst who would help us identify correlations between the “shape” of the smart contracts we verify and the performance of our tool (CVT). In particular, there are many patterns that often appear in smart contracts such as specific arithmetic operations or data structures. Also, CVT can be configured with various flags that control the “verification” algorithms we use. We would like to know which configurations perform best for the particular input patterns. Two example tasks this job position involves are:
- Pull data about thousands of prior runs of CVT from our database, analyse them, and identify interesting correlations between the “shape” of the input smart contracts and the performance of our tool.
- Assume we already know some correlations between the shape of the input and the performance of individual configurations. The task here is to write a script that takes as an input a fresh, so far unseen smart contract, analyses the input, and proposes the best configuration of CVT to handle the input.
The interesting part of this job is that you will learn something about software verification. To explain software verification on an intuitive level, one can compare it to software testing (i.e., a technique that is in various forms applied in almost every software company). Software testing is good for finding bugs in a given program and can usually provide some “code coverage”; however, in situations where the testing does not find any bug, one never has a guarantee that there is no bug (the tests might have just missed the bug). On the other hand, formal verification techniques can give mathematical guarantees that the program really does not contain any bugs.
- 3+ years of professional experience in the field of data analysis and/or statistics
- Experience with databases
- Advanced coding skills
- Must be comfortable working in a globally distributed team
- Proficiency in English
- Be eager to learn something new
- We do not require any knowledge of blockchain, DeFi, smart contracts, or formal software verification.
- Small, agile, and friendly team.
- Opportunity to work on cutting-edge and challenging problems.
- Unlimited vacation.
- Flexible working hours.
- Possibility to attend blockchain and formal verification-related conferences all around the world, or to visit other teams (mainly US and Israel).
The job location is Brno in the Czech Republic. We expect you to show up at the office 2-3 times a week; for the remaining days, you can work from home if preferred.
Region: Moravian-Silesian Region,